...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Hey SanFran.....I thought I'd just share some random thoughts on yet another light trading day.  These are just some ideas that kick around in my head from time to time, and if there are "smart money" types accumulating (I'm not saying there are, but it is something I consider possible) then I'm sure the big boys appreciate me sharing what I'm thinking.....in fact sometimes I wonder if those who seek to belittle my opinions, if theres more to their posting than perhaps meets the eye....

But I digress, as I so often do.

Let's say there's someone who's bought say 25K or 50K shares back in the summer for $1.20 or so.  I'm not talking about a smart money player....just some retail schmo who did some research on RVX and decided to put some money at risk. 

@ $1.20 per share 25,000 shares would have run $30,000.....obviously 50K shares would double that to $60 grand.  Since the summer we've had a few cups of coffee up around the $2.40 mark:  In October, again in January, and again just recently.  Obviously $2.40 would double the money for out hypothetical retail investor....so he'd open up his account to see his holdings totaling $60,000 for 25K shares or $120,000 for 50K.

Every dime for someone with 25K share represents $2,500....20 cents equates to $5,000. 

Not everyone has the capacity to watch the markets every day in real time....I watch close, but there are days when I'm unable to watch.  Someone with 25K shares they paid $30K for comes home one night and is thrilled to see his account showing his holdings worth $60,000

Of course as we've seen in real life....those cups of coffee up around $2.40 have been brief.  Buddy could have put a limit order in that night when his account showed 25K shares worth $60K and put them on offer at $2.40....but greed is a powerful emotion and many dream of bigger and bigger profits (I'm certainly guilty of it).

But then he sees the PPS down at $2.20 or perhaps even less and wants to kick himself for not grabbing the $2.40 he could have had 3 times already.  So finally one night he puts a limit order in, putting a GTC order for the entire 25K at $2.40

Now...again we're assuming there are smart money type players who are accumulating.  If so are they just gonna rush and push the PPS up (removing all their own sell orders) to snap up those 25K?  If this type of acitivity is taking place I would expect the big boys to keep an eye on the order book to see if there are other impatient retail players there willing to offer their shares up as well....

Anyway....just some random thoughts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply