Welcome to the ALDA Pharmaceuticals Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Jul 10, 2011 11:32AM
Jul 12, 2011 03:12PM

Jul 12, 2011 04:35PM

I suspect that Alda is pretty much out of money. At the end of 2010, they had a paltry 16k cash on hand. The poor PP last year was funded by management only and never got off the ground. Nobody has been getting paid so no one has the motivation to take any initiatives. I've been by their office in Richmond and it's dark and no one is around in the middle of the day. Shoppers drug mart no longer carries any T36 products even in the travel sizes.

Odds of a recovery are poor. As shareholders, the only thing that remains is for Alda to sell its patent assets and hopefully get something out of the deal. The "stellar" management team will probably get their pound of flesh as first payees to recoup their exhorbitant wages.

This dairy cow has given all the milk that she can. It's time to sell her off to McDonalds.

It saddens me to see this, not only as a shareholder but because it is an opportunity squandered. As a case study it shows that even though you have a good product, inept management and marketing still means you'll get no where. Perhaps I can ask wikipedia to post a picture of Dr. Owen and Peter Chen under their definition of FAIL.

New Message
Please login to post a reply