Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Just finish reading the posts. Very good discussion today.

What the crazy day. Tennis in the morning, baby sitting my granddaughter (the only person who likes me except Lynn) and then I had to make a dinner for 8 people.

Missed the approval news and all the action or luck of it.

BBQ , you ask very sensible question. Actually I did answer it before on this and Brian`s board but let my try again since we have new developments.

My interest with the CLL started with the fascination about SAGD technology. As an engineer myself I can appreciate the complexity and excitement here. The same time (beginning of 2005) the Oilsand investment was the place to be so I bought with my speculative money ($10,000) my first 5000 shares.

This suppose be the pure Oilsand play.

Unfortunately it did not happen the way I plan. Management made IMO big mistake and diluted the Oilsand assets by purchasing the LUKE. The dilution continue as we know with the new equity and debt being issue one after another. As some of you can relate to that time when we swallow the pils add some more shares because our hope was stronger then our opposing brain.

This was the time I start using my own boring financial analysis which I shared sometime with the board .

The analysis lead me to the following conclusions:

1. You have to hold the share past 2010/11 to double you money(20,000bbl/d bitumen production).

2. Integration model is the smoke screen for the management mistakes.

3.The only think you can trust are the CLL financial reports.

As I advice on Brian s board , based on the above and using the Alberta Government new royalty rates as an excuse I sold my CLL shares (and other energy holdings ( COS.UN, PBG, CNQ and BTE.UN) in the morning the news broke up.

Came back to the energy sector (including CLL) in April 2008 when the Oil Bubble pick up the steam and as I posted , my stop loses were trigger on July 31 when I was on the vacation.

As from you my previous post you know that I change the strategy and start build my position in the CLL.DB.A.

IMO the CLL bitumen production and related cash flow has a good long term prospect (3 to 5 years) with some risk attached related to technology and commodity prices. In time as the numbers will show the management will hopefully come to senses and sell non core assets.

In mean time let them pay me to take the risk and hold the position in the CLL .

Now the question is: should I be a part of the cheerleader section on this board because I am the CLL long?

And if I do not the SP will go down? Will the cheerful BS move the SP higher ? Get serious.

IMO is my shareholder duty to always question the management decisions if the facts (financial results) provided by the management do not make sense and contradict with promoted strategy.

Sorry this post is way to long.

Cheers,JUREK

New Message
Please login to post a reply