Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Jun 12, 2010 11:48AM
Jun 17, 2010 06:10PM

Jun 17, 2010 06:22PM

Yes BP is among the big oil firms one that takes big risk on safety issues.

I work at Shell and safety is very high specially last year now.Maybe they highered their standards due to what others like BP has overcome.

Yes the Exxon Valdez was among one of the big disasters and on top they paid only a small fraction for the damage at the end.I like nature very well and indeed companies we need as well but when profits and greed become on top then something is wrong.

Specially for companies involved in the oil bussiness they in fact rule the world .It's like some kind of maffia.They knew the world needs oil that's why they are so powerfull.

So a shift towards other energy sources IMO is not that bad and could create another job market.

Last weekend I was at the coast in the most famous town up there and I saw two Lotus Tesla sport carss passing by.They made no noise and had no exhaust pipes and can run about 500 km on their batteries.Faster accellaration then even most powerfull sportcars these days too.So I thought that's maybe one I would like in the future if CLL makes a good bonus for me.That disaster from BP will make thing going faster and set people thinking.i hope for the American people the sollution for the spill will take not much time anymore and that the scientist got it wrong on the well collaps.

If I found that artickle in English I will post it.

This shows again that no stock is a safe place.Now in the UK some are complaining about their pension funds because BP and also Shell is a part of all major pension funds.However i read that among these funds some sold all of their BP shares when they heard about the accident.

Jun 17, 2010 09:27PM

Jun 17, 2010 09:52PM

Jun 19, 2010 11:34AM

Jun 19, 2010 06:03PM

Jun 19, 2010 07:05PM

Jun 19, 2010 09:20PM

Jun 19, 2010 11:27PM

Jun 19, 2010 11:47PM

Jun 20, 2010 12:44AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply