Welcome To The Continental Precious Minerals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CONTINENTAL PRECIOUS MINERALS INCREASES ITS INDICATED RESOURCES

Free

In my previous post I refer to the press release of today. It turns out that the press release is of the date March 19, 2009. Unfortunately, Yahoo Finance (which I frequently use) sometimes has glitches, and it had one today in this regard.

It was this press release (which, at this moment, is the most recent press release of CZQ) that indicated that the National Instrument 43-101 report confirmed the company's press release of February, about the significant increases in indicated (72%) and inferred (143%) resources.

You've probably heard the old saying that "It is better to be lucky than good." Well, I think that probably would be applied in this case. There, in fact, was no news release of today's date.

However, something newsworthy happened with CZQ today. CZQ traded 10,000,000 shares today. There are less than 50 million shares outstanding. So that means more than 20% of CZQ's shares traded hands today. And what was the price result of all that trading? A 27% gain today in the price.

The average trading volume of CZQ is 70,200 (as of this morning's stats). This means that today's trading volume was almost 140 times the average.

When I don't see a fresh press release, and there is nothing significant in world economic news to affect the price of a stock, and it trades on large volume and makes a significant gain, that indicates to me that "something is afoot".

Is a major mining company getting ready to make a buyout offer? I don't know. But it feels like it, or like something significant is going to happen. I guess we will find out soon enough!

New Message
Please login to post a reply