Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Re: Interesting development! Copper Fox taking legal action...
Mar 28, 2014 08:25PM
Mar 28, 2014 08:30PM

With the recent developments I don't blame you for being grumpy or frustrated with the share price but if you are to make specific claims about CUU (in any negative or scrutinizing sense) make sure there is evidence (not interpretation), otherwise you could get yourself into hot water.

Good points, dsikorsk.

There is also something known as Libel Per Se, which means that the defmation is very clear without needing any further explanation. For example, saying someone is a criminal or committed a criminal act is Libel Per Se.

In order to defend this type of statement, the person who published those comments would need to prove they are true.

SLAPP lawsuits, or frivolous lawsuits, that are intended to silence critics, require the corporation or person that considers themselves defamed to provide evidence of this defamation. This is not true of Libel Per Se and the defendant has to show they were speaking the truth in order to win.

I have lots of friends on these boards, some of whom are level-headed and others who are hot-headed. Most of us are not professional writers or lawyers, just retail investors. I find it quite sad that our investment has evolved to the point of defamation lawsuits between retail investors and the company. I'm not sure if I believe that the courts should be asked to bring civility to our discussions, however, crossing the line into outright lies does nobody any good.

I would like to echo dsikorsk and say that this is not legal advice, only my opinion, and a lawyer should be consulted if legal advice is needed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply