Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Re: Teck pulls application for Frontier oil sands mine

Most here have missed the elephant in the room. The political landscape in Canada has changed.  TECK spent 7yrs and almost 10,000pages to prepare their application. They are the model for consultation and environmental stewardship. They checked all the boxes... the application has been sitting on Trudeaus desk since July awaiting cabinets approval. They have the approval of natural resource canada and all levels of beurocrats.  Trudeau was to issue his decision on Monday and it looks like they got a heads up that it was going to be denied.  They pulled the plug and wait for the changing of the political winds. Understand how serious these implications are... the Feds have moved the goal post again, after a corporation followed the rules to the letter... here is an article that outlines the federal government's track record...  this combined with the lack of leadership to deal with protestors that have brought the country's trade to a halt. There wont be any large capital investment made in Canada unless its backstopped/funded by provincial governments until we have change at the federal level and confidence has been restored that Canada is a stable jurisdiction to invest in.  And to the comment about the Frontier mine not breaking even. Check the facts. Most of the bitumen mines have a recovery cost in the mid teens. I doubt we see TECk invest in Canada until after another election.  The capital projects in this article that were killed by the uncertainty of the climate change rhetoric, and gov approval process do not included the billions of capital expenditures by smaller companies with maretcaps in the 50-200 million range.  I believe the loss of capital expenditures in Canada since the liberals upset the rules is North of 500 billion... As Canadians regardless of your political colors this has to change... its destroying the future of our kids. If your a homeowner (outside of YVR &YYZ)you've directly been affected... ~10% of your asset value has evaporated.

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/scrapped-nearly-150-billion-worth-of-energy-projects-shelved-in-canada

New Message
Please login to post a reply