Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Re: HPGR vs. SAG mill TetraTech comparison ... will the CUU FS propose HPGR?

Interesting stuff Chops. Good to see it used with other porphry mines. And diamond mines? Are they not in harder rock? (i don't know off hand - don't like diamonds LOL!)

The cost savings don't look like much unti you consider a large operation like what SC could be.

Saving 4 Kwh per tonne on a 120,000 tonne per day operation would be enough to power 9600 homes (at 50Kwh per day per home).

I don't know what their electral rate will be but if we use the example of saving $0.59 per tonne in electricity...

120,000 tpd X $0.59/tonne X 360 working days in a year = about $25M per year in savings on their electrical bill. That has to get a lot of attention.

I would think this type of technology would be of keen interest to BC Hydro in terms of maximizing the use of the power it supplies. Maybe if all the newer mines, in the Golden Triangle, were able to go to this technology, another mine or two could find power on the grid. Any power that BC Hydro can save internally in BC is readily exported to our electron hungry USA cousins on the west coast.

New Message
Please login to post a reply