Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: PUREVAP(TM) Pilot Plant Testing Starting Early With Commissioning of HPQ 1/250 Scale Pilot Equipment

Re: PUREVAP(TM) Pilot Plant Testing Starting Early With Commissioning of HPQ 1/250 Scale Pilot Equipment

posted on Sep 19, 2017 09:39AM

"This will greatly de-risk our project and provide valuable information sooner as we continue to make the process adjustments needed to produce Solar Grade Silicon Metal." - Bernard Tourillon

THAT says it all

"As we have said in the past, it will not be a straight line to success, but given the results to date we are more confident then ever before that we will have a commercial success. What level of success, is yet to be determined. As in all projects, delays will occur, but I firmly believe we are on the right track to have a significant impact in the high purity silicon and solar markets."  - Peter Pascali

Given Peter's track record for commercializing high tech applications, including Aircraft Carriers, DARPA and 3D Powders, I take this statement as an unequivocal view of HPQ's future. Who's going to argue with Canada's Elon Musk? Certainly not me.  

HPQ is back in the saddle and it's clear that we'll be hearing a lot more from the company right through to the actual pilot plant itself.

George

New Message
Please login to post a reply