A leader in High Purity Quartz Exploration in Quebec
A vertically integrated producer of Silicon Metal, Solar Grade Silicon Metal and polysilicon.
WHY HPQ SILICON RESOURCES?
1. Why Solar?
- Growing industry of the future… renewable electricity is hitting critical mass and will go ‘viral’ in the next 5 years – from electric cars to roof shingles to sidewalk to mud huts in Botswana
- The solar industry was roughly 1% of the 6,000 GW or US $2 trillion electricity market. Over the next 20 years, Deutsche Bank expects the electricity market to double to US $4 trillion and expect the solar industry to increase by a factor of 10
2. Why Silicon Metal (Si)? Because Silicon is THE Solar Metal
- Solar Cells are needed to convert the Energy of the Sun directly into electricity
- Solar Cells use Solar Grade Silicon Metal (SoG SI) to convert sun rays into electricity
- One Watt capacity of a Solar Energy requires 5 grams of SoG Si
3. What are the challenges?
- Bottleneck in the production of SoG Si due to numerous barriers
- High capital costs,
- Multi-stage, complex smelting and refining processes,
- High operating costs,
- Large carbon and energy footprint
4. What does HPQ provide?
- A disruptive low cost, one – step, green technology solution: Pyrogenesis’ Purevap™ Reactor
- Purevap™ promises to eliminates several complex steps, high costs, and reduces not only carbon footprint but excessive by-products and energy consumption
- A completely vertical integrated solution, from the production of SoG Si directly from Quartz (SiO2) all the way to manufacturing high performance multi-crystalline and monocrystalline solar cells.
- The Purevap™ technology developed by Pyrogenesis is a new metallurgical process that allows a direct transformation of Quartz (silicon dioxide, SiO2) to Solar Grade Silicon Metal (SoG Si)
- With the addition of Apollon Solar SAS to the Team, HPQ added to the partnership one of the leaders in transforming metallurgically produce SoG Si into high performance multi-crystalline and monocrystalline solar cells
5. What advantage does HPQ have?
- Pyrogenesis are world leaders in plasma torch and high temperature purification systems
- Apollon is one of the world’s leaders in renewable energies, and high performance solar cells
- HPQ owns the technology through its agreement and is funding the project for 90% interest
- HPQ owns numerous Quartz deposits throughout Quebec
6. What stage is the company at?
- Proof of Concept lab scale testing of Purevap™ validated the disruptive potential in 2016
- Stage 1 bench metallurgical testing produced nuggets of Silicon Metal (Si) and delivered extensive data for the project design and fabrication of the Purevap Pilot Plant during 2017
- Stage 2 bench testing of scaling up design and process improvements resulting from Stage 1 started, using the Gen 2 Purevap™, a scale version of the Pilot Plant
7. What are the financial requirements?
- The Cost to acquire the IP, test, design, build, commission and operate the Purevap Pilot Plant for ten months is $ 8,260,000 to be paid upon milestones between August 2016 and April 2019
- $5,000,000 (60%) paid or funded to date, leaving a balance of $3,260,000 (40%) to finance
Beauce Gold Fields
BGF is a wholly owned subsidiary of HPQ Silicon into which HPQ gold assets were transferred. Subject to approval by TSX-V, HPQ is in the process of listing BGF as a new public junior gold company, following the approval by shareholders during HPQ AGM held on Aug. 10, 2018, of the proposed terms of the plan of arrangement.
- Unique, historically prolific gold property located in the municipality of Saint-Simon-les-Mines in the Beauce region of Southern Quebec. Comprising of a block of 152 claims 100% owned by HPQ, the project area hosts a six kilometre long unconsolidated gold-bearing sedimentary unit (a lower saprolite and an upper brown diamictite).
- The gold in saprolite indicates a close proximity to a bedrock source of gold, providing possible further exploration discoveries.
- The property was also hosts numerous historical gold mines that were active from 1860s to the 1960s.
Newly completed geophysical and geological studies along the Rang VI road on HPQ Beauce Gold Fields subsidiary Gold property located in St-Simon-Les-Mines, Quebec has identified a 1.5 km northeastern extension of the previously identified major fault line beneath the Beauce placer gold channel. Furthermore, the geophysical and geological study along the road has also identified additional exploration targets for gold and base metal sulphide mineralizations.
MAJOR FAULT LINE UNDER PLACER GOLD CHANNEL, AN INDICATOR OF HARD ROCK SOURCE
- Gilbert River basin is marked by a strong contrast of electrical resistivity values on both sides of the river believed to represent a thrust or shear contact between sedimentary and volcanic rocks.
- Rocks south of the river are dominantly sedimentary and show the presence of formation conductors present mostly in synformal fold structures while north of the river the rocks are generally volcanic in origin, including volcaniclastic strata, are generally more resistive, and the conductive units narrower and shallower.
- This discontinuity corresponds also to the position of a linear anomaly of the total magnetic field and its tilt derivative field, which suggests the presence of a magnetic discontinuity related to the presence of a major fault zone, which the Gilbert River follows
For further information contact
Bernard J. Tourillon, Chairman and CEO Tel (514) 907-1011
Patrick Levasseur, President and COO Tel: (514) 262-9239
12 Month Stock Chart