Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Hi Saint,

I will keep my answer brief, as I am limited by what I can say on a public discussion forum.

Regarding your first question:  what happened in these 9 months concerning the GEN3?”

Without getting into details, the September 13 release stated that we started the assembly phase of the pilot plant, and that is what we have been doing since then.

I think the information found in our January 24, February 26, March 5, April 4, April 25, May 3, May 23 and June 6 release speak volumes about that.

One last point, in our June 6 Release we stated: “… final design improvements done to the Gen3 PUREVAP™ pilot plant design changed our original timeline…” 

We are running an R&D project and R&D projects timeline are always subject to changes…

Regarding your second, third and fourth questions:  how far did we get into the assembly phase of the gen3? Does Pyrogenesis have all the parts of the gen3 today to complete assembly? Are any parts on back order?

I cannot comment on that specifically.

Regarding your fifth question:  A new cement slab from start to finish should only two weeks maximum even with the construction industry the way it is in Montreal. Why another 12 months from the original Q1 of 2019 to complete the assembly phase?

I believe that I have answered the why above, but allow me to question your 12 months comments.  We have push back the start date of our project from mid-2019 to Q4 2019, that is not 12 months.

Also as of today, we are 16 days from the start of Q3; so we are in fact very close to the start date.

Regarding your last question: I didn’t see any cracks in the cement slab from the pictures you posted before the construction started, how far was Pyrogenesis into the assembly phase when they noticed there was gonna be a problem with the cement slab?

The word we used was “reinforce”, the work was not done for aesthetic reasons, or to cover crack but for safety reasons.  The work was always part of our pilot plant build planning, it just its execution was subject to all of the above.

As I have stated, we are running an R&D project and R&D projects timeline are always subject to changes…

Focussing on the timeline change is missing the big picture about the construction start… We would not have started it unless we were close to the end of the pilot plant assembly phase.

Regards

Bernard J Tourillon, President and CEO

New Message
Please login to post a reply