Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: Thank you for your dedication, strategic planning and hardwork.

Mr.Tourillon,

Congratulations on the phenomenal news release. 

Just for a little clarity to see where we are going, I do have a couple questions on the news release.

When said;

in addition to manufacturing samples of porous Silicon nanopowders of different sizes (2 nm to 1 µm) and pore structures (Microporous (<5nm), Mesoporous (5nm – 50nm) or Macroporous (>50nm))

Who did the manufacturing of said nanopowders? It has been said NSiR is not yet capable of producing mesoporous powders, so if manufactured by NSiR that's a phenomenal NSiR accomplishment. Microporous is astounding! What was Apollon's full role in the initial test samples, was it just analyzing the nanopowders provided by HPQ Nano and then carbon coated, or is this HPQ QRR Silicon provided to Apollon who then made them into nanopowders and then carbon coat them? Judging by how perfectly spherical they are I am guessing they are ours haha. Which means we have transported nanopowders safely! 

When said;

Other batches of silicon materials (coated and non-coated) are being prepared and will be sent the INRS for evaluations over the coming weeks.

Are these batches being bought by Apollon like they proposed or will all Silicon be provided by HPQ & carbon coated by Apollon?

Lastly, when said;

Apollon proposed that in addition to carbon coating their porous Silicon nanopowders they could use commercially available but expensive (US$ 22,500 per Kg)1 nano silicon powders to evaluate the efficiency of different carbon coating processes. 

If my thought process has been correct up to now, the above states that if Apollon wants to continue testing carbon coatings on SIMILAR nanopowders TO the initial nanopowders provided by HPQ Nano that were then carbon coated and sent for testing at the INRS, then it would cost them $22,500/kg for nanopowders alike to the nanopowders HPQ Nano produces. Is my thought process on track here? Haha.

Data is always exciting and I'm sure industries and more are on edge to hear more here! It sounds like HPQ Nano is poised to enable a revolutionary leap for the silicon anode and open up markets waiting for this low cost/ high production silicon process. Congratulations again to you and the team, God bless! Ya'll are shining!

Mr.Stuff

New Message
Please login to post a reply