Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

The Ojibways of Onigaming are the latest nation to join the Land Defence Alliance. Elected Chief Jeff Copenace said they signed on for strength in numbers he hopes will protect their lands and waters.

"We're not going to stand by idly and let you destroy our lakes as our young people are dying," said Copenace. "If you're not going to help save our lives… then you can't have access to land and waters."

Up North7:09Onigaming joins First Nations Land Defence Alliance
The First Nations Land Defence Alliance has a new member. Ojibways of Onigaming Chief Jeff Copenace explains why his community joined the coalition.

Like many northern Ontario First Nations, Onigaming has declared a state of emergency as youth suffer from mental health issues, addiction and suicide. Copenace said he can remember at least 32 community members who have died over just the past 2.5 years– which is felt heavily by the reserve of 490. 

Help save lives? Why not take a look in the mirror and ask why are you having these issues? Are your young people bored? Tired of living in the past? Want a future with prosperity and employment? You talk about not having enough bandwidth to discuss resource mining. Seriously! 
I do take issue seeing how I've been labeled under the "colonialism" excuse. 
One moment it's been said that the land is your provider and pharmacy. Lungs of Mother Earth. Yet the moment you need help your hand is out to those you blame for the troubles afflicting your people. Really tired of the hypocrisy as I'm sure many are. 
This opportunity is a positive way forward for all Canadians. Why not try a different approach and see if that brings change to your community. 
Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome is actually the definition of insanity. An "Einstein" quote I believe. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply