Dec 26, 2021 05:03PM

Dec 26, 2021 09:11PM
Cal
Dec 27, 2021 12:42PM
Dec 27, 2021 03:44PM
Dec 28, 2021 05:57AM
Cal
Dec 28, 2021 10:07AM

Cal-Yes. Maybe I need to re-read what I wrote. If I wasn't clear (not the first time) I was trying to make a point that whenever Washington spends more money it seems the stock market reacts favorably. When the overall market reacts favorably then we at LAC are likely to benefit short term as it may or may not be. The point you're making about the US dollar and inflation is what I'm speaking of when saying "kicking the can down the road". I think we feel very similar. Not sure how you feel about the union OEM getting subsidies even though Tesla employees are better paid even without their stock options. Mary Barra, CEO of GM is inept without the corruption in Washington. She is delusional and quite a politician. I hope LAC stays clear of GM. I own a GMC truck.

Here is a Mary Barra interview with CNBC’s Andrew Sorkin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWQgzMl04Ao

I foresee a down turn coming. This seems obvious to me. I guess that's easy to say because there will always be a down turn coming. When, how long and how deep I don't know but a large correction is coming and I believe soon. I'm absolutely shocked the markets have been this good for this long. Maybe I watch too much FOX and CNN. That was a joke but actually I do watch too much TV. If Washington would do their job we wouldn't care about politics and could focus more so on family, friends and careers. We might even know our neighbors. FOX and CNN would be of no interest. FOX and CNN have a great future.

I have a multi-prong approach to investing in LAC with a goal of owning a specific number of shares prior to inflection. I've been selling puts, a lot, as a tool to purchase shares and to generate cash which in turn can be used to sell more puts and purchase more shares. It’s easy to sell aggressive puts with incredible premiums when you are buying into a company. I’ve been doing this for the last couple of years to the largest inflection point which I believe to be Feb/March 2022. To be honest I've been surprised we reach $41. You say "oversold" I say "How did it hit $30". I have just recently started to BUY options with expirations beyond Feb. Selling LAC puts is increasingly difficult given 30 day options periods and over $30 and getting close to inflection. I will tapper the selling after this last tranche of $25/$30/$35 and ride out the BUY-ing. I will start selling shares vie selling call options as LAC matures (2025??). I’ve never had a great appreciation in mining stocks until Tesla changed the world. Most people are familiar with option buying it seem selling is a foreign to many. Pavel is an exception I’ve noticed but perhaps there are others that might find value in these strategies.

Dec 28, 2021 01:08PM
Dec 29, 2021 02:48AM
Dec 29, 2021 08:15AM
Cal
Dec 29, 2021 09:47AM
Dec 29, 2021 05:51PM
Dec 29, 2021 06:00PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply