Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free

Hi sparky and welcome to the McFaulds Lake area play forum. Your question is an interesting one and even though GRW isn't a stock in McFaulds Lake it does pertain to many who are investing in these stocks. I think the jest of your question is, how do you lessen your risk playing stocks with assays pending?

Once again if you ask 10 different investors in how they would play this situation, you would probably get 10 different answers. However, since you asked the question on this forum, I will give you my answer on how I play these situations. Once again take it for what it is worth, not much, its only my strategy.

If I was going to buy a mining stock that was drilling I would play it this way and I am only giving you an example with rounded off figures to make it easy to explain. The amount individuals invest is totally up to them.

Lets say I decided to invest $15,000 in a stock lets call it ABC and they are going to be drilling right away. I would buy $5,000 worth of the stock and wait for the assays to be announced. If the assays come back and they are bad I would sell my shares immediately and take my loss and move on.

If the assays were very good and I decided I wanted to own this stock, I would buy anoither $5,000 worth of the stock as soon as I seen the assays. I would then wait to the stock topped out on the 1st run up and let it retrace, once it bottomed out and started back up, if the stock didn't go over the previous high before retracing again. I would sell all and cash out. I most likely would of made a decent profit.

If the stock put in a new high after the 1st retrace I would buy another $5,000 of the stock on the 2nd retrace from the new high. By now I realize I own a stock in an uptrend. On the 3rd share price run up I would sell 1/2 of all stock I own. I should now be sitting on some stock with a very low cost per share. My risk now is very low and I have a good portion of my intial investment back in my account.

In the game of mining stocks its all about risk management. The problem with penny mining stocks is that they don't continue to go up in price. They announce assays then you sit and wait for the next set of assays. During this time pending news the share price starts to slip as investors tire of waiting for the next batch of news.

I'm not sure if any of this helps you, but this is how I play penny mining stocks pending assays. Best of luck to you in your future investments. Always remember, money management is the key to stay in the game. My method doesn't use stop losses in these kind of plays, it just lessens your risk.

Al

Feb 18, 2008 09:09AM
Feb 18, 2008 10:01AM
Feb 18, 2008 10:08AM
Feb 18, 2008 10:32AM
Feb 18, 2008 10:37AM
Feb 18, 2008 11:01AM
Feb 18, 2008 11:05AM
PM
Feb 18, 2008 03:15PM
Feb 18, 2008 03:35PM

PM