Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Nov 15, 2007 07:52AM
Nov 15, 2007 08:26AM

Nov 15, 2007 09:25AM

Nov 15, 2007 09:30AM

Nov 15, 2007 12:05PM

OT…OT…OTI respect your opinion regarding TA but I disagree with you as to its value.  If you or others would like to see a timing (TA) system that works I would encourage you to take the 30 day free trial offer from VectorVest (VV).  You can do so by going to their home page on the internet. I subscribed to the VV program for several years and even went from Oklahoma to Atlanta, Georgia to one of their seminars.  Believe me the presentation was excellent, well worth the fee and Dr DeLiddo, the person who developed that system is one of the best in the business IMO and his system is 100% objective. Also, if you would like to see another chart system that works send me your e-mail address and I will send you charts on any two stocks you request other than PTSC.  I would prefer you pick a very good stock as well as a very poor stock in order to see how the system follow stocks going up and stocks going down in price.  I rule out PTSC simply because I don’t want to be labeled a basher. I own the PTSC stock.  The charts will be more legible if the stock has A lot of price history.  It is my belief that some don't believe in TA because, for the most part, TA is composed of indicators to be interpreted on a subjective basis and any two people can and most likely will have different opinions (interpretations) and at least one of the two is going to be wrong, and maybe both. If one is ever right for the wrong reason, future experiences can be very distasteful.Stochastics is basically an objective indicator in that when the short average crosses above the long average it gives a buy signal and the reverse of this triggers a sell signal.  On the other hand the Bollinger Bands do not give a clear buy or sell at all.  I have seen strong stocks trade outside the upper band for weeks at a time and weak stocks trade outside the lower band for weeks at a time also.  Various averages show strength in a stock when it trades above the average and they show weakness when the stock is trading below that average.  Now ask yourself which average is meaningful for this stock.  If you ask five different people you quite possibly could get five different answers. I could name many other indicators based on the theories of the authors and in fact if you subscribe to TradeStation they will provide you with some 200 such indicators.  Many require a subjective decision and the reason given as to why they don’t work is because the user made the wrong decision (interpretation), according to the authors.One other thing needs to be said and that is, the very best indicators are going to be wrong when trends reverse, but good indicators will keep you on the right side of the price about 80% of the time and that is not bad.  On the other hand fundamentals and optimism, exclusive of TA, can be very detrimental to one’s financial well-being when being invested in the stock market.  The main reason for this is that investors including myself, tend to think and invest on the basis of beliefs, assumptions and predictions rather than true fundamentals which are based on the present actual financial conditions of a company.  A good 100% objective technical indicator will give you specific buy and sell signals.  You are correct in saying that TA is based on historical prices and their best usage is helping one to detect trends in prices.  In no way can historical prices predict future prices; however they sometimes are helpful in establishing support and resistance levels on a chart. There are as many different definitions of a trend as there are people giving them.  My definition of a trend is that a trend is a trend so long as the price continues to move in the direction it is going and no one can accurately predict the duration of the event.  The ability of an indicator to detect, follow and adjust to the trend is the measure of its worth.I don't sell charts and I don't collect or sell e-mail addresses so if you would like to receive a couple of stock charts send me your request at: [email protected]If you request charts please indicate whether you are a scalper, day trader, investor or buy and hold investor so that I will know what kind of chart to send. I am just trying to be helpful in my own way and this is just my opinion.  Good luck to all investors and especially those actually invested in PTSC. PS  If anyone subscribes to VV you might want to post their present value for PTSC as I feel sure he will rate it above $1.00.  He rates all stocks on a comparable basis with a AAA bond and ranks them accordingly. Now I think it is bedtime.  Good night.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply