HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

First post on Ago

posted on Dec 21, 2007 05:40PM

I have been lurking in these waters for quite sometime. In honesty, I was in NOT for the first pop after Windfall, held for a few months before selling and then followed NOT with a number of close friends..... I made a quick few bucks and moved along.

When a close friend called in August telling me NOT was halted, excitement rolled through me. Although I was out, he was still holding and the game was on.

When NOT opened and moved up quickly, it was exciting. We watched and called regularly as the news came out. Soon, we were calling our other contacts to follow. In the midst of the market problems of August and September, we had something to watch and get excited for. I still hadn't bought back in. I was fortunately focused and in VMS, a minor consolation for missing the big move in NOT.

By the time hole 5 came out, NOT was in full swing. The first violent down move, followed by the straight up shot were crazy. We watched and wondered, what did we have. Around the office no one had seen drill results like hole 5.... no one could get there handle on what it meant. We all knew they were incredible. We watched. Soon, $3 was gone and $5 was where NOT stood. Although on the sidelines, I was still enjoying the story and felt I was still part of something significant. By now all of my friends had been shaken out, the profits were to great to ignore.

Upon following the various boards, I came upon the title of the book "The Big Score." Numerous times I saw this title posted and strong recommendations to read the story of the founding of Voisey Bay. As a student of investing, I decided to look into it. I checked the local Chapters for it and it wasn't in, so I checked the library. To my delight it was there, I got a library card and I checked it out.

As I opened and read the first few chapters on the find, I could not believe the similarities between what I was experiencing following NOT, and what was happening in the book. As I read the various passages, I imagined if this was similar to what happend at Mcfaulds. I imagined the drill hitting the target, a black stream of water flowing from the drill and running down a slope and some prospector nearly peeing his pants, knowing they hit sulphides.

To continue, as the excitement grew at Voisey, so did the disappointment. It seemed after a few successes, painful misses with the drill brought constant pressure to management and drillers, I suspect the shareholders as well. Would they find more, or was this it? It took me three nights to finish the book, a real page turner for my standards.

Of course we know Diamondfields found more nickel. My question, would you have been able to hold your shares as the drills missed and the time passed? Would you have been able to hold on for the final pay day? I doubt I would have... and that is why anyone who hasn't picked up the book should... ask for it for chistmas, or get it on boxing day, just get it. At worst it is an interesting story of the founding of a a great canadian resource. Better yet, hopefully it will help you understand the potential of this find... it's not the next voisey bay, but it is Mcfaulds, and that someday may be saying it is significant.

The good news, selfishly speaking, the share price is back under $4.00. What I missed the whole way up is back in a great spot to buy. I got my second chance, and in honesty I have been buying down since $5 and change... I have done my DD and the story has only gotten better since the last time we were at these prices.

In closing my first post, I would like to thank the many great posters i have followed here for months... canseco, misfit, d12, rochaur, pw, jackals, grizzly, bravekind, snezzer, tcp1002, nickelbag, donypee, qq... the list goes on and on. This is a fanastic board...there is real talent here. Please read what these guys have posted over the months. I for one am happy and humbled to be on board.

do you own DD... this is not financial advise.

All the best and happy holidays to all. Take the time to enjoy those closest to you.

regards.

wallace

New Message
Please login to post a reply