HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: Mother lode

in response to by
posted on Apr 03, 2008 10:06AM

"It is curious why NOT would not follow the steeply dipping open end of DE1 towards the south. "

When I spoke with David Graham some weeks back, he indicated that their strategy for E1 was to outline the portion of the deposit that was mineable from the surface (i.e. to a depth of about 250 meters.) Beyond that it becomes much more difficult to target and hit the mineralised zone, and as we have discussed on this forum, surface-mineable deposits are more valuable because of the lower cost in mining them.

I understood this as picking the low-lying fruit. I expect they feel the payback will be faster if they work on other surface anomalies first; I would also expect they will come back to E1 at some point in the future to drill the deeper portion of the deposit.

New Message
Please login to post a reply