HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I'm still here and haven't sold anything. I hold a large chunk of shares at an average cost of $5.04 so I'm feeling the pain along with a good chunk of the board here. No one, no matter how long they are prefers to see red vs green when they open their portfolio. That said this is a spec play. It drifts on sentiment and moves explosively on news the market (dis)likes. We don't have control over either so we go along for the ride as long as we like the story. When you stop liking the NOT story its time to move on.

There really isn't much on the geology side to say about the 43-101 that hasn't been said. The market was looking for a much bigger number and they didn't get it. Similarly the market has been looking for DE2 numbers and explanation of the significance of the Chromite layer and both of those are long over due (I like Freewest’s statement that they are commissioning a chromite study to understand the implications of the horizon that has been discovered on their JV property --- There is more than one way to navigate around the OSC then directly butting heads with them). As soon as interest in the ROF area started to drift the vultures descended and have been playing with us since.

As to mining DE1 on their own --- Every junior reaches a point where they get fed up with the manipulators and say 'stick it' to them, if you won't pay us what we are worth we are prepared to go it alone. It's possible that NOT will go it alone but it's highly unlikely. Mining and managing a mining project is like night and day in terms of the skills and culture you need.

As a spec stock we are waiting for news that will excite the market and bring new investors back into the market. There is no doubt that this stock is wound tightly and can explode back up on a single hole. With drilling action by Probe, Freewest, FNC and NOT there is a good likelihood that something will hit and set the area off over the summer.

In the meantime do what is right for you and your circumstance. For me I've been working my butt off the last couple of months so I can spend August at the cottage with my kids (my best investment yet). As to NOT and my other ROF stocks, I plan on holding tight until this late this fall and then review things to see if anything warrants changing my strategy.

Remember we are not even a year into the ROF story and have barely touched the surface of our holding. Our JV partners haven’t even drilled yet and they all have commitments to spend by the end of the first year of the JV. Lots more will happen and as it does we will be in play yet again.

GLTA. Ignore the hype (either way) and make your own decisions.

... Been There

New Message
Please login to post a reply