HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Misfit in San Fran

posted on Sep 15, 2008 05:16PM

Hi all,

Currently at a conference in San Fran and found a free Internet Kiosk in the hotel. You can take the computer away from the Notter but you cannot take the Notter away from the computer.

I guess I should go away more often as the moment I am in a difference city both FWR and Noront release news.

The FWR news is very good in that it shows that they are hitting Chrome is places that they never expected. Though it seems somewhat of a consolation prize to finding PGMs, Nickel, and copper, it does have a good value as shown in Noront's recent corporate presentation. The fact that FWR is hitting Chrome far away from the Blackbirds is really good news.

In terms of the NOT news, I believe they waited until today to release what looks to be average results on both AT12 and some of the other ATs. Not duds but not the bonanza grades we have come to expect. I expect another NR tomorrow as two things will happen:

1) The market overall will bounce a little as it took a huge hit in late day trading. 500 points on both the TSX and Dow is quite significant. I am not sure how they are spinning this off in Canadian news but down here there is more coverage on the 70B investment loan fund the 10 large investment houses set up on Sunday with the Fed Reserve than on the doom and gloom with Lehman Bros. As well, the Bank of America takeover of Merrill Lynch may have saved a lot more pain. The major money makers in the US worked overtime all weekend to essentially save what could have been the largest crash in history.

So, why would Mr. Nemis pick the worst day in recent history to release news? Again, the NR was average but what is worse is that expectations are really high and should be given what we know. What better time to release this specific update and have it filed in the "oh, and Noront said something I think" in most investment houses. But enough of today's NR.

Here is the most significant piece of the NR for me:

"Information on the Blackbird One chrome occurrence as well as other news related to the chrome potential of the area as encountered at Blackbird Two will be the subject of a separate release to be issued soon."

Richard has released a one-two punch in the past. I remember a NR was released on Windfall after close only to be followed by an excellent NR on DE the next day. I expect to see another NR before open tomorrow. Just a guess based on past behavior but a guess none the less. Or, they may wait to see if the market will continue to drop and save the fireworks for a day when the market carpet bombing is over.

One thing is for sure and that is there is more to this world than the US and places like China, Dubai, Chile, India, and many others are going though the types of booms we used to see here. This means demand for commodities and that is what Noront has folks. Gold, Silver, Nickel, Copper, PGMs, Moly, Tungsten, and even Lead.

In times like these it is better to look at the trends being communicated by the likes of Coswil, LTGoldBull, Glorieux and others and patiently wait. Not hoping Noront goes down in this market but if it hits a certain point much below what it closed at today I will be selling the car and going green on my bike in order to buy more. And with winter coming up in Alberta, that is quite a commitment.

Good luck everyone and hold on tight. The rollercoaster called the N.A economy is set to go for a few more spins. Scream if you must be never fear that we will fall of the tracks. All scary rides come to an end at some point.

Holding true,

M1.

New Message
Please login to post a reply