HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: Burn Rate

in response to by
posted on Oct 17, 2008 12:24PM

I think their single biggest cost for drilling is fuel. I'm not sure what a drill burns per hour, but I do know that 8000 drums of fuel have been flown from Pickle Lake to Webequie before being flown to the drill sites. These are supposed to last till freezup and the ice runways can be built. Probably early January. Now not all the drums are for NOT but by the time a drum (45 gal) of fuel makes it to a drill it probably costs at least 5 - 600 dollars. Thats between 11 and 14 bucks a gallon and a very conservative estimate I think. Even just the fuel to run the drills is expensive - now add in the cost of getting the fuel in for the helicopters, which burn a heck of a lot more than a drill. Either a runway and preferrably a road will significantly reduce these costs. Even just a winter road can be used to stockpile fuel and reduce year round costs. One of these has to be a priority once we're through this mess.

New Message
Please login to post a reply