HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Warren Irwin doesn't matter

posted on Oct 23, 2008 06:07AM

Much of my time over the last two days has been spent thinking about my conversation with Warren Irwin of Rosseau Asset Management. That post received very positive feedback and I am humbled and greatful for the supportive pm's.

Many people go their entire lives without really feeling that they are part of anything worthwhile. As a young man, new to the practice of law, I would quietly wonder when I heard older Judges reminisce about their years in the airforce during WW2. As I got to know them better over time, they came to admit that these were some of the best years of their lives.

Not because they were crazy for violence or blood letting, but because thay had come together, as comrades, to fight and achieve a common, and worthwhile, goal. And they were happy to do it, The risks faced were secondary in their considerations.

For many of us Noront has come to represent the dream of financial freedom achieved. For those of us who are truly Longs, we took interest in a very small, off the radar screen company years ago because the people who were running it were decent, straight shooters, and they knew what they were doing.

Even so, our investments were at significant risk, because that is the nature of the speculative exploration metals plays. So many of them simply disappear, never having found, or achieved, anything.

So much risk and so much time. Years and thousands of dollars. On the dream of achieving something great, of being part, if we were very very lucky, of something of long lasting importance, something of substance.

I must admit to all of you that I find Rosseau to be of secondary importance. What is amazing is the response that we have had, the coming together, the cheerful fighting spirit, the comaradrie of the retail investor, young and old, wealthy or not, surrounded by family or alone.

We have come together to say no to this external threat to our dream, and to protect the values of patience, hard work, determination and skill. Really the hall marks of a life worth living.

Noront is a great company to be sure, with (I stongly believe) a bright future, and I hope one day to be made very wealthy with my investment; however, this fight is really about more than Noront and wealth accumulation.

It is about standing firm and tall for what is right, and saying "no, not on my watch".

Thank you for that.

See you at $20.00

crazydik

New Message
Please login to post a reply