HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Xstrata - An Unfair takeover attempt as a lesson to Noront - PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Xstrata - An Unfair takeover attempt as a lesson to Noront - PAY ATTENTION!!!!

posted on Nov 04, 2008 10:21AM

Folks - here is just the most recent example of how large shareholders (i.e., hedge companies in our case) attempt to "give the shaft" to retail shareholders of junior mining companies by attempting to force them into a takeover at an unreasonably low price, for the benefit of the takeover candidate, and against the benefit of the retail shareholders. I'll paste the link below. The fact is that directors of companies are legally required to look out for the interests all shareholders. However, if the majority of shareholders are hedge funds or predatory major mining companies, they take over for their own gain - and then "candy-coat" the act as a "benefit" to retail shareholders. I paste the link to the article below.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...

P.S. - This is another example that demonstrates the reason it is important for retail shareholders to band together to prevent dilution of shares through a private placement ("PP") financing that is intended to provide large blocks of shares to be bought cheaply by a takeover candidate, which would allow the takeover candidate to obtain greater "share voting power" than what the retail shareholders presently own!

New Message
Please login to post a reply