HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Are intrerset paid from a margin account deductible?

Interest paid on a margin account is tax deductable. Check schedule 4 where interest, dividends etc. are itemized and there is a line there that should not be hard to find. Also, if you have a safety deposit box that is deductable too. However, to be correctly legal, you must keep investments inside it. Most people I know keep bonds there for safe-keeping. I mention the correctly legal warning because I also know some who take the deduction without income bearing investments inside. So far, none have been challenged and had the deduction cancelled. Another angle I have used to deduct interest. I used cash from stocks sold to make a purchase. I then borrowed to buy the same stocks. That way the interest becomes tax deductable. All this is on the same schedule. Hope this helps. You can verify the margin/interest paid from the book that comes with your tax forms.

New Message
Please login to post a reply