HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Where do we really stand? And what is at stake?

posted on Dec 07, 2009 12:29PM

I have watched with great interest as the world's spotlight grows ever brighter on the Ring of Fire. These are interesting times indeed.

I have made no secret of my issues with Mac's approach to the fairly recent activities regarding the future of the FWR land claims, and I have as well spoken against the proposed NOT deal, because, contrary to the prevailing perspective on this board, I believed that NOT was offering too much.

Emotions have run high, and speculation has become feverish. And to some extent, all of that is good, and to be expected in these types of exploration plays. if you can't get off on the highs, your investments should really be elsewhere.

But things have now changed, and it is time to cooly reflect on precisely what is happening here. And what is at stake.

It looks like we have confirmation that the Ring of Fire is for real. All those drill holes over all those years have now paid off. Collectively, the junior explorers in the Ring of Fire have a mineable resource. A Canadian mineable resource. Discovered through the hard work and dedication of our local population working against great odds, generally underfunded, often on a hope and a prayer.

And many of us have been here since the start, when the only thing that was guaranteed, was the size of the mosquitoes and the depth of the muskeg and the adventuresome spirit of our little companies.

I don't recall Cliffs being part of that.

When Freewest and Noront were out there staking claims (along with Probe and UC and the rest), I just don't recall hearing much of anything from any of the majors, and sure as heck, not Cliffs.

They did not take on any part of the risk. That risk was yours, and mine. Instead, as Freewest and Noront continued to prove up our resources, Cliffs was just quietly purchasing Freewest, from the shadows, because those shares were cheap, and they knew that Freewest would be an easy target.

They knew the value in the Ring, and they had seen Noront's price exceed $7.00.

Cliffs has always known that they wanted a ticket to the party and a presence in the Ring. But their preference was to sneak in, to door crash.

I call that opportunistic.

But here's the thing, Cliffs has never intended to allow the chromite discovery to slip through it's fingers. It simply intended to quietly take it away from you through time and attrition.

Noront's bid for Freewest changed all that, and forced Cliffs out of the shadows, to reveal itself as the predator it has always been.

And here's the thing. If Cliff's is allowed into the party, or if it bullies it's way into the Ring, what will it do once inside?

Will it really mine the chromite? Build railways and the rest? Does it have to with the other resources it already controls?

Or will it block production? Stand in the way of any development, because to do so as well serves its purposes; namely to control a large part of the world supply of chromite. Like the proverbial diamonds being held in the vaults, never released, to control cartel pricing.

Will Cliffs in fact put a chill over the development of our Canadian resource?

The point that I raise is that we have bigger considerations then the infighting between Freewest and Noront. For some of you who bought your FWR shares at .30 or less, you are looking at a three bagger with Cliffs, not a bad return on investment. But you might also be selling your soul for a few pieces of silver.

I'm not saying that the NOT deal is better or good enough, or too good. That is for all of you to consider on your own.

What I am saying, is don't be dazzled by anything you have read, or blinded into selling off your heritage. Don't get sucked in by the rhetoric, or allow anybody to dictate the pace of your decisions. With thoughtful consideration, our resource isn't going anywhere.

There are bigger considerations at stake.

Good luck to all of us.

crazydik

New Message
Please login to post a reply