HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I had a friend send me an email mentioning that he read an article in which Patrick Brown stated the selling of some of Hydro One would be bad for the Ring of Fire.

He was referring to this article below:

http://www.mytimminsnow.com/8313/brown-says-hydro-one-sale-could-be-bad-news-for-the-ring-of-fire/

...I sent him this below:

It interesting that the news paper didn't feel it important to publish ....Chiarelli's response in the Ontario Legislature....

http://www.ontla.on.ca/house-proceedings/transcripts/files_pdf/22-OCT-2015_L110.pdf

"Mr. Patrick Brown: Mr. Speaker, I didn’t realize the pitch for affordable energy would strike such a nerve.

The loss of a majority control of Hydro One means that the government loses the ability to expand transmis-sion lines as a matter of good public policy. If a privately owned Hydro One feels that expanding transmission lines to the Ring of Fire, for example, is a bad decision for a private company, they may not do it, and that’s bad news for northern Ontario. Doesn’t this side get it? This is going to affect northern Ontario.

Will the Premier acknowledge to the House today that this might hamper the ability to see the Ring of Fire come to realization—that dream for northern Ontario? "

Answer from Bob Chiarelli below:

"Hon. Bob Chiarelli: Mr. Speaker, the member does not know what’s going on in this House. He doesn’t realize that there is a bill ready to be approved in this House that will give the cabinet the authority to designate where transmission will go—not Hydro One. We’re doing that to protect the public. There are many things we are doing with respect to broadening the ownership of Hydro One that give control over planning, over what is happening in the sector. He does not know what the IESO does in terms of planning. He is not aware of the legislation that’s going on in this House. He should go back and do some research. "

New Message
Please login to post a reply