HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: The Canadian resource sector’s messy duty to consult – by Dwight Newman (Nationa

Luker, I've been following this story for quite some time.

This link gives some more detail:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2013/10/29-northern-superior-resources-sudbury.aspx

"Among the details in its statement of claim filed last week with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the company contends it was forced to pay $40,000 to the First Nation to free two workers, who were “physically detained,” along with some equipment.

The company said it was one of a number of demands made by the community during the fall of 2011 as they edged closer to a major gold discovery. It has three gold properties – Rapson Bay, Meston Lake and Thorne Lake – 740 kilometres northwest of Thunder Bay and close to the Manitoba border.

That included a demand by the First Nation for almost a quarter of the company's exploration budget for the upcoming 2012 drill season, referring to it an “administrative fee.”

What the band wanted that money for was “completely undefined,” said Tom Morris, president of Northern Superior Resources, in an interview.

“To ask someone for 24 per cent of your exploration budget as an administration fee is a no-go. I can't do that.”.......

So I'm supposed to write a cheque to somebody for $2.4 million? We can't do that.”

The company terminated its activities soon after and, according to Morris, they haven't stepped back on their properties since. “I've got the letters and documentation saying clearly you're not welcome back if you don't pay this fee.”

In the statement of claim, the First Nation had further insisted that the company use a locally-owned aircraft, that had recently crashed, to transport drill core out of the property. Northern Superior officials deemed the plane unsuitable and unsafe."
=====================================================

New Message
Please login to post a reply