HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Thunder Bay Council Looking at Ferrochrome Smelter.....NOT Nickel.

Edgy,

Maybe Noront has struck a silent deal with Glencore to smelt the ores from Eagles Nest, once the mine is in production.  In fact, it would not surprise me in the least to find out that these two companies have been in discussions with one another for years.  Glencores' nickel mining operations in Sudbury are not what they used to be.  In fact, a past editorial from December 2016 suggests that they will have to dig even deeper in order to stay profittable within the Sudbury Basin.

Here is the past editorial from Sudbury.com:

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/glencore-digging-deep-to-stay-in-sudbury-vp-488499

So....A costly venture to say the least, especially when it involves newer technologies, and will no doubt require significant expense to stay green by going electric; or battery operated.   I can only assume that if they are willing to go to such great lengths to stay in the nickel business in Sudbury that there must be a bull market for nickel just waiting around the corner. But then again, if this is true, then why stay in the Sudbury Basin.  We're talking about an area that is slowing down.  So .....Why spend lots and lots of money searching deeper and deeper for nickel when you may come up empty.  Why not move to greener pastures, and start your green technology initiative there.  

Now let me think.......hmmmmm.....Where would a company like Glencore find such a pasture of plenty......A pasture so green and overflowing with not only nickel, but other goodies, that they could easily make a fortune there....But wait......Their going to need a guide first.....Someone to introduce them to the lay of the land, and its people.....Oh!....and I almost forgot.... This guide will have to share with them what they know about the greenest parts of this new pasture....YES! .....And in return Glencore will reward them with capital, and may even join forces with this new group of people who know this new green pasture so well...blah blah blah.....I think you can see where I am going here Edgy.

There is a particular comment from Peter Xavier in the editorial that sticks in my mind.....Quote: “We're looking for mines to fill that gap. That's something we will have to plan for when the time comes ... But as things stand, there is a gap.”

So this is who may be after our nickel and PGMs....But who is after our chromite is the next question.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply