HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Quote:

"She said over the course of her online research, she has found the environments surrounding chromite operations in Finland have become contaminated.

Public Health Ontario found the same thing.

"In Finland, wild lingonberries were found to be contaminated with chromium and other heavy metals by air emissions from a chromium mine and ferrochrome and stainless steel plant," a case study mentioned (it is available online at tinyurl.com/yb3bzxok). "Concentrations were higher within a distance of about 3 km from the facilities. Nickel, vanadium and lead were associated with the chromium processing plant while cadmium was linked to the mine."

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Outokumpu been running their FPF for over 50 years now.  If this is the case then I think it is safe to assume the following: 1) Pollution reduction technology back in the 60s and 70s was not what it is today 2) Pollution regulations and safe guards were less stringent  3) Over time Outokumpu has drastically improved their operation to make it more efficient, profitable, and much more eco-friendly & 4) Their FPF is monitored regularly by both the company and the Government of Finland to ensure the environment, local populations and wildlife are not be contaminated by Hexavalent Chromium and other toxic substances.

http://www.outokumpu.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Outokumpu-RoHS-2018.pdf#search=Hexavalent%20chromium

One cannot dispute the fact that the regions surrounding the Outokumpu FPF have not been subjected to contamination over the history of the plants operation, because they have.  Again, simply because both environmental legislation and technology was not what it is today.  What contamination that is present is being monitored, and measures are now in place to maintain monitoring both plant output and its affects on the workers, public and the surrounding area.  The further reduction of pollutants is always the goal, as is increased efficiency and profitability through innovation.

http://www.outokumpu.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Outokumpu_Sustainability_review_2016.pdf#search=Environmental%20monitoring

New Message
Please login to post a reply