HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Employee Profile – Wayne Suganaqueb

Posted On May 01, 2018

NAME:
Wayne Suganaqueb

COMMUNITY:
Webequie First Nation

JOB POSITION:
Driller with Cyr Drilling

What do you do?

I work at Cyr Drilling as a Diamond/RC (Reverse Circulation) Driller and Driller Assistant. I’m also a Millwright and a Type 1 & 2 Underground Miner. My job includes working with the foremen on program start-ups because I know how to put a drill rig together and being a driller assistant when programs are operating.

Have you worked for Noront?

Yes, I was a field assistant when I had time off from drilling. I’ve always enjoyed working at Esker Camp, being around people I know and working close to my hometown of Webequie.

How did you become a driller/miner?

I started as a dish washer/cook’s help. Long story short, Noront’s Camp Manager, Ralph MacNally, helped me get into the Diamond Driller Assistant Common Core course offered by the Ontario Ministry of Colleges. That got me where I am, and I’m grateful for his help to this day.

I went to Northern College in Kirkland Lake for my Surface Diamond Driller Assistant Common Core course. I learned basic drilling methods and had work placements which got me started in mining. Then, I had an opportunity to do Reverse Circulation Drilling in Quebec and Northern Labrador. I started out as a helper and was promoted to a driller a few months later. After that I got the chance to do an underground common core course offered by the Ontario Ministry and that led to me working as a Type 1 & 2 miner at Vale Mines.

What does a typical day look like in your current job?

We start with tool box meetings and a list of assigned tasks. I do pre-operational checks, standard checks and quality control on all equipment from oil checks to electrical starts. We have to do fuel and core handling as well as sling and de-mob the drilling equipment. We also maintain quality control on all core drilled and processed at the core shack. It’s hard work to maintain a good drilling program.

What do you want to share with people about your career?

I would encourage anyone to get in the drilling field through the mining programs offered. There are advancements (even traveling if you want to explore the world). I have gone to many places and experienced different cultures at many levels. I’ve have been to the east and west coasts of Canada exploring both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. There is endless learning in the mining industry and many opportunities to explore.

What has been the highlight of your job? 

I would say traveling and being able to run my own drilling rig. I also enjoy meeting new people and exploring various mining companies that offer different types of employment in the industry.

What do you always take to work with you? 

I take all the personal protective equipment needed to perform my daily duties in a safe manner. Safety is number one in this line of work, as there are many hazards but if maintained properly, all is avoided. So, with that, I enjoyed telling my experiences and my career successes. Meegwetch!!

http://blog.norontresources.com/2018/05/employee-profile-wayne-suganaqueb/

New Message
Please login to post a reply