HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Well, first of all it seems to me that we have to clarify if all concerned really want the ROF to happen at all !

Sometimes I think that some of the FN powers that be may want things to stay somewhat the same as they are now. They may want to preserve their historical way of life as well as maintain their control on their community to somehow protect their people from being integrated into modern society. 

They want what they think are the advantages of modern day society, but do not want to give up control that was given to them so many years ago.

We are all Canadians, including recent immigrants from so many parts of the world. I as a born Canadian do not have any more basic rights than someone who swore alligence to Canada last week.

I believe that all Canadians should share ownership in ALL of Canada. We are being held hostage by out dated treaties that no longer make sense in the modern world.

If anyone from a FN CHOSES to live in a very remote area  and live the way their fore fathers did, I would totally understand and wish them luck. However, they cannot " cherry pick " what they like and make demands from other Canadians for everything that they would like from modern society.

FN's are in a position where they should welcome properly researched mining . They have already been offered revenue sharing and even equity in Noront.

This should not be an exercise in, " let's see how much we can get ".

Rico

New Message
Please login to post a reply