HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Fort Hope's courtroom win... implications for ROF?

Babjak1, again I agree with most of your points.

Especially on the significance of the shift to the proposed access options coming in partnership with Ontario/FNs. Those arrangements should prove to be the wisest long term deals for infrastructure... Crown can fund and maintain, FNs are real partners in planning and some equity, but access is granted to the region.

However, the existing - and still binding - JUNE 2015 Notice of Approval/Amendments to the EA ToR provides a serious list of objectives that can't be ignored. I know this has been discussed before, but I'm concerned that despite the appearance of partnerships with Webequie or Marten Falls, Noront still has to carry out this onerus EA that has seen little progress.

...This is where my thoughts on consultation run to. Not the simple PR lines and history on how the project has evolved over time, but how NOT is actually fulfilling the massive body of work that it has been saddled with since 2015. 

NOA is here: http://norontresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Eagles-Nest-Terms-of-Reference-Notice-of-Approval.pdf

I expect another amendment to this once there is clearer agreements with MF or Webequie on the roads projects, but much of this work in the EA still needs to be done.

In relation to the recent Landore/MNDM case, the sections on p 8-12 regarding consultation requirements will likely be the battlegrounds of future meetings, and hopefully no judicial reviews. 

Does anyone know how many of these these 'milestones' below have been achieved? 

1-FN-specific consultation plans

2-FN involvement in baseline studies

3-Alternatives assessment and Effects assessment studies

4-Outcomes of studies and proposed mitigation measures

5-Monitoring plans

...I imagine progress has been made towards these under the exploration agreements and tables with Web/MF, but not much info on this is made available.

Part of my concern is the timing of all of this. It would make sense that NOT would announce new amended ToR for the EA last year, as part of dialogue on the Ontario/FN roads, but why not now with all the dialogue on the smelter and access materializing? Still concerned that NOT doesn't have the team in place or cash to pull off the increasingly-intense consultation requirements at the right time.

New Message
Please login to post a reply