HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Why do people keep making stupid comments about road building in the North??

Ok, so you’ve “been to Pickle Lake”...

In the famous song from Shania Twain (from Timmins I think), That don’t impress me much!! 

Now I had had the privilege of living in Gillam, Manitoba in 2015 & 2016. At the time, they were building a road from Gillam westbound to cross over the new spillway at the new Keeyask generating station once it’s complete. Let me think... Oh ya, it’s the exact same muskeg that you can find in the Canadian Shield all over Northern Canada... I know, I got severely stuck in it quite a few times with my quad. I also had the pleasure of safety watching the machinery building a road on that very same muskeg when they crossed under some lines that go between the generating stations and the converter stations. They added that piece of road at what I was told cost approximately $1 Million per mile to build it strong enough to handle extremely heavy traffic, the kind where you haul power station transformers on. For those who don’t know how much they weigh, start at about 100,000 pounds and go up in large increments. Now when the Pickle Lake Tourist says you can’t just blast rock and set it down on the muskeg, well that’s exactly what they did to build Gillam’s road. 

They blasted the rock out of the eskers and used those gigantic dump trucks to haul boulders up to about 7’ x 7’ x 4+ feet thick as a base 1 rock at a time. Then they dumped 1 - 1 1/2 foot stones onto that and used the biggest Kitty Cat I ever saw to push that out on to the boulders. Then came smaller rock and finally what looked like 1” down. Every time a layer was put down, it was drove on and packed down by very large tracked machines. I was told the road was extra costly due to the distance from the eskers...

Now this is what I saw being built, not took a road trip to look at the pretty muskeg. You can go to google maps and look up Gillam and check out the new road for yourself. The last time I checked, you could see to about 12 miles west of Gillam just past the Marina if you zoomed in close enough. 

I sure wish that people who haven’t got a clue or have never seen how things are done in the North would learn to keep their opinions to themselves... They would look a lot less STUPID, in my humble opinion!!

Herb

New Message
Please login to post a reply