HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: First Nation takes the lead on the supply road to the Ring of Fire

Ringer, 

From the article you posted:

......"What’s being planned is a two-lane gravel road, 35 metres wide with enough room to accommodate power line and broadband fibre."..........

Are we to assume here that Watay Power will be electrifying Webequie first, with power lines then travelling South East from Webequie to the RIng of Fire along this supply road?  Because I find it unlikely that Five First Nations Energy would be able to extend their De Beers line to the RIng of Fire and then North West to Webequie with enough power for their community, once the power needs of Eagle's Nest mine are satisfied.  The power line from Attawapiskat to De Beers only carries about 20 MW, if I remember correctly.  This amount of electricity meets the needs of Eagle's Nest, but my feeling is it would leave very little for Webequie.  I can only assume that Watay Power must somehow be the provider Wabasse is hinting to by making mention of this supply road being able to accommodate power lines.   

Running power for the sake of  providing diesel generated electricity to the RIng of Fire from Webequie would in theory not be practical, cost effective, or environmentally sound.  Wabasse must be eluding to Watay power in my opinion with his statement in respect to this supply road; IMHO E/W road connection.

TM. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply