Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Might I also request a clarification for the tech savvy as well. I was at the AGM 2 years ago, when all the buzz and enthusiasm started about POET. After that meeting the big milestone was validation by BAE that the chips could be produced on a commercial scale - and the opinion was it wouldn't take more than 3 months. Unless I missed something (which is possible since I have only checked to boards sporadically) this still has not occured and the wafers still have a 30% failure rate. When I spoke with Dr. Taylor he thought it was due due the temparature in one of the steps (Fairchj later calrifying it was annealment - which is Greek to me) and would shortly be resolved. If it has not, and it is now 2 years later, is the product commercialy viable other than in niche markets?

New Message
Please login to post a reply