Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Jul 15, 2014 09:51AM

"On the other hand, the possibility that this stock will replace silicon, and become the leading technological breakthrough of the decade is also extremely high..."

cpt, I like POET, too, but "extremely high?" Perhaps too many people believe that; I think we have a shot, making this a great risk/reward play, but the share price is telling us that this is not even close to a fait accompli.

---

Babaoriley,

I agree, not trying to be a blind cheerleader, but I certainly believe this technology has a lot in its favor over the other competing technologies coming down the pipes.

POET certainly provides the most benefits over the nearest competition. By that I mean, the nearest competitors don't provide the same speed, size, cooling, energy efficiency, etc. as POET.

POET certainly has the years behind it (over 20+ in fine tuning it) for military and NASA away from the commercial market. That certainly speaks volumes.

Almost all others are still working with some form of Silicon, which seems inevitably near its end. There will always be improvements, but for a drastic change and major improvement, I think its time for something else. Silicon is old technology. I'm looking for POET to not take us to the next level, but to take us to an entirely NEW level of technology where we will have many years of improvements and advances to add on, not the end of a phase (silicon) where we are squeezing the last bit of life out of it.

Of course management will be the key factor in whether we get there. The recent addition adds much reassurance with more to come.

Maybe stating "extremely high" was influcenced by personal enthusiasm, so I will retract the "extremely" but stick with the "high"! ;)

New Message
Please login to post a reply