Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: A sad day if you have no choice but to sell... may be OT

I have been very moved by this thread. When I first joined this forum, I developed (fairly quickly) the supposition that there were two camps. The FJ camp and the Scary camp. I felt that I belonged in the FJ camp. I probably veered from the Scary camp for the same reason that I feel both respect and understanding today. Let me attempt to explain. I am a mid-tier artist (okay, I have a degree in Engineering but that was another life ago... and it's in "civil". The mechanical guys used to say: Electrical is too hard, and Civil is too easy. But I digress...) And not only am I an artist, I'm an artist in Canada. Being an artist in Canada is a bit like being on the TSXV. The collector base is so shallow, you could literally starve. I took a teaching gig thirty years ago. I retired from teaching at 59 because I couldn't handle the commute to the big city (Toronto) and I had a few large-ish commissions back to back. Now I'm 62 and I just finished my last large-ish commission. That means I'm back to the possibility of being underwater in a matter of months. The RRSP from my teaching days is... well, full retirement is not an option for me... of course, as an artist, it never will be. I fully agree with what Johny said. I'm pretty certain I have way less Poet stock than the majority on this board. But that amount of stock I hold is very significant for me. I read Scary's post and I feel the pain. It is palpable.

So Scary, if I ever had a "that guy's a pr**k" thought, I am sorry. I get it man, I really do. I wasn't kidding when I said "we can't get to a paradigm shift until we get past groundhog day. I look at the share price today and I could cry.

Like Poet, I have to get to the artist's equivalent of the Nasdaq. And in both cases, I'd like it to be sooner rather than later. Time is running out.

Scary and FJ... I will drink a whiskey tonight to your mutual health and well being.

If this was all too personal, I'll understand if somebody deletes it.

As always GLTA (that does mean Good Luck To All, right?)

HaL

New Message
Please login to post a reply