Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I look at things more simply than most, because I don't understand the significance of the tech.

First, as far as the LOI, I put complete trust in Suresh and his top advisors to figure what DL is worth, and according proper weight to the ongoing relationship contempleted.  Of course, if presented with a list of what they were transferring in the deal, I could not come up with whether the deal was fair or not.  And I suspect that very few, if any, others on this board could do that either. 

Second, let's see if Mika can come up with non-convertable debt financing to see us through September - I don't think that's an easy one, but the Company appears confident that it can do it.

Third, "qualification," let's not play with the words.  What Poet did was called "testing" I believe, "qualification" always had to do with the customer. Since the IO has to be "customized" for the partricular customer's particular use, it would seem there is always the chance that the customzation process might be problematic - heck, if it weren't, why bother with the qualification step, let's just show them that we have tested it and it works, and ship them out.

Fourth, for me, one of the most important contingencies for our deal to close as contemplated, is the successful completion of customer qualification - that has not been stated, but I have to believe that's one of the main hurdles.

Finally, when information is disseminated in connection with the shareholder vote, I believe we will know a lot more, including the identity of the suitor.  I hope that the timing around late June for the AGM does coincide wih the vote. And I hope it brings a great many people to the AGM as it will be quite the occasion.  Of course, one doesn't have to attend to vote, but this potential deal is huge - as I've said recently, POET has now gone "all-in" on the OI, and that suits me fine.

New Message
Please login to post a reply