Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Special thanks to the management , especially to the CFO for:

Nice post Poetfablight, your bullet points are right on!

However, I don't understand all the animosity to the "pennyflippers" - I don't believe they cause anyone or anything very much trouble, and to the extent they cause any, I think the vilification is disproportionate.  To point out to someone the history of the share price post conference calls does not sound like an illegal or immoral act!!  I would call it a reminder!

I rarely trade the stock, and the few times I have, I never made or lost much.  The stock rarely moves that much for goodness sake, and especiallly if you try to buy it in the States, it's pretty tough to make a profit that's worth the trouble (the spread really bites into you if you're trying to make 2 or 3 cents), and, of course, one could get caught when some really good news comes.

I get a sense that a lot of longs (and flipper-longs) are or will be planning some trading strategy for Tuesday morning - a kind of poker game among posters.  I'll admit that I am, and if I do trade, it will be with a fairly small percentage of my Poet stock.  Of course, a big part of the strategy will depend on what happens with the stock (or any news) on Monday, both topics on which I have no current opinion.

Things are looking up for Poet, but it's another seven weeks till Tranche 2 comes due.  Plenty could happen between now and then, and it could well be that the consortium is expecting big, positive news in that interim.  It would be especially sweet for the biggest Tranche to go down smoothly and timely.  When the word starts to spread that the OI has been qualified, the volume and price will pick up significantly.  In my opinion, that word will NOT be heard first in an NR or other form of Company announcement.

New Message
Please login to post a reply