Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I'm a VERY long (10 year club) and given the markets, that has been a poor strategy.  However, 3 things came about this week that we've not seen in this company during the past decade.

Mika's forecast in the April presentation of addressing high volume manufacturing.  It took 2+ months, but was announced on Tuesday.  (Why would we need that kind of agreement, now?)

Within the terms of that LOI, was a little nugget about 400G exclusivity within China.  Seems that fact was glossed over a bit, but for me, this signifies big tech trying to corner a market. Significant if true because there are many geographical markets, and China is the biggest.  The very favourable terms and IP protection are also telling.

Volume manufacturing, market exclusivity, and a POET executive making a forward looking statement that comes to fruition.  We cannot expect actual production until agreements like Tuesday's are in place.  I hope we see similar agreements with other high volume fabs in North America, in conjunction with NRE which was also promised during both analyst presentations.  

The share price and outsiding warrants/options etc is just a temporary side show. What happened this week is more proof that POET is actually delivering on its promise of a disruptive technology.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply