Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 12, 2021 02:19PM

ABC-Sch: I would assume this statement refers to the below NR from 2018, no?

"POET Technologies Receives First Orders for Optical Interposer Solutions"

https://poet-technologies.com/news/2018-nov-12.html

Yes, I think so. Unfortunately that press release lacked the phrase “proof of concept”, but instead stated that there were already multiple orders:

Dr. Suresh Venkatesan, commented, “We introduced the Optical Interposer in January of this year and have now received multiple orders from datacom and telecom industry leaders. This validates that we have a compelling photonics integration platform.

Regardless of what these multiple orders actually included, I am not aware that we ever heard about them again. That press release from 2018 conveyed the impression (without acually and cleverly saying so) that POET already had something tangible to deliver. This was apparently not the case at that time. We are going into (some sort of) production only now and next year.

While I am fully bullish on the success of the optical interposer and our company, I can only appeal to the POET management and recommend to get over such sort of communication! It isn’t helpful, it isn’t trust-building.

New Message
Please login to post a reply