Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Aves 99, if you've been around as long as you've stated you'll be well aware there is first a development and then a very extensive "validation" process. 

The way you've stated your question implies that without formal validation, it simply doesn't exist.  Some would conclude this to be somewhat misleading.  So, when you ask if it’s been validated, what exactly do you mean?  Physically built, validated by the company, validated by the customer, passed alpha stage, passed beta stage, ready for mass production?

To answer your question.  Yes, the 400G Tx does exist.

The demonstration video produced for the postponed CIOE clearly shows a working 400G Tx + Rx complete using CW lasers and Lithium Niobate modulator.  It exists and really works.  The entire video is interesting, but if you are simply looking for evidence the 400G Tx exists, please fast forward to 3’46”.

https://youtu.be/eIHL8l7xo3o

Some of the things we know:

• The company has fully functional 400G Rx engine, in fact reportedly close to full commercial production.
  • The company has demonstrated a working 400G Tx in the video prepared for CIOE using CW lasers and TFLN modulator.
  • In addition to the CW platform, the company has demonstrated working 100 and 200G Tx engines using flip chippable DML lasers.  These engines are reportedly fully validated through all stages and close to full commercial production.
  • The company is on the record as stating 100/200G Tx (DML) can become 400G Tx simply by swapping out the lasers, assuming suitable lasers can be sourced.  ie no extensive development required and demonstrating the power of the platform.
  • The company very recently announced they secured latest generation high speed DML lasers from an industry leader suitable for use to enable the transition to 400G.
  • The company stated they expect 400G Tx alpha samples in 1 H 2023 and commercial production in 2H2023.  This also speaks to the rapid rate at which stages of validation and production can proceed as a result of previous work on slower speed chips.  I am not certain if the alpha 400G Tx samples will be based on CW or DML but given the live demo I’m guessing the CW engine may be further ahead than the DML engine.
  • It appears a complete TxRx solution can consist of separate Tx, Rx and even modulator chips as required, working together on a single device, so don’t need additional engineering to physically “combine” everything into a single working chip for the complete TxRx engine.  Once again, the power of the platform.
  • As noted above, we are talking about two different 400G Tx engines for different applications.  Both get the company to 1.6T, but the CW also provides a path to 3.2T once the 200G/wavelength TFLN modulator is developed.

All that said, I agree the company’s messaging can be confusing and definitely lacking in clarity for most investors.  It’s no secret, they haven’t been very successful in this regard (massive understatement!).  Add-in past delays and missed milestones, one can understand uncertainty and skepticism.

All of the above can be obtained through the company’s website, youtube videos, etc..  If you have done this and still believe the 400G Tx capability is hypothetical, then I'm not sure what anyone can say to convince you otherwise.  It may be best to direct your questions to the company itself in hopes of obtaining a more satisfying response.

Link to the 400G and beyond DML based engine news release.

https://poet-technologies.com/news/2022-oct-27.html

New Message
Please login to post a reply