A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hello P.Pascali and team,

I'm very happy to see today's news release from PYR/HPQ regarding Purevap progress and what's ahead.  Trying to wrap my head around the science, I have another question today regarding impurity removal in the tranformation from quartz to silicon.

My question is about the contaminant GDMS results from test 24 and test 51 included in a communication from the company some time ago that I am curious about and hope you can help me to understand.

There are some 74 elements listed in the table, but neither Oxygen or Carbon appear in the list of detected contaminants. Your presentation indicates that Carbon (C)  is used in the PUREVAP process and Oxygen (O) is a major component of Quartz. Surely the remnant contamination of these two elements must be higher than the detection limits of the test equipment, or are these two elements actually not detected by the test method used?  

Do you know how much Oxygen and Carbon remain in the produced Silicon?  And if present, how does this affect the purity?

Thank you for your time!

New Message
Please login to post a reply