A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free
Message: Question regarding torch longevity and replacements

Dear Aarman4

Thank-you for posting.

I will try and answer your questions in red below:

1 - In reference to client A/B/C or what have you, is the plasma torch sale(s) expected to be "1 for 1", meaning if a client has 10 'old' torches in a configuration already, are we right to expect that 10 'new' Pyrogenesis torches would be needed to replace the current 10? Would it make sense to sell fewer higher powered torches and blank out some of the "holes" left by the older lower powered ones?

We foresee that each torch would be replacing one burner (‘old’ torch as you refer to them), i.e. a  one-to-one replacement.  A typical induration furnace is a very large machine with tens of burners on it. Typically, you want to distribute the heat all over the length of this furnace. This is why you would want to have multiple burners or torches on them. Reducing the number of burners/torches would affect the heat profile in the furnace which is not desirable.

2 - What is the predicted ruseful life of each torch? I imagine that your team has been unable to produce infinite life torches thus far, so how many useful hours(months/years?) are the torches rated for before total or partial replacement is warranted or expected, and when it is warranted, would that constitute a new torch sale at the time, or is there a different program for that(ala service agreement or soemthing else)?

The torches themselves and the ancillary equipment (gas controls, cooling systems, power supplies) will last for several decades. This is like many other large industrial equipment. Now, the torches themselves have  certain consumable parts inside that are called electrodes. The electrodes wear out with time due to erosion coming from the high-power electric arc in the torch. These electrodes need to be replaced several times per year. As such, we foresee a significant source of recurring revenues from the sale of these electrodes.

I Hope that Helps

Peter

New Message
Please login to post a reply