A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

There has been some chatter with regards to adequate power for the torches at the potential induration locations. Do we know for certain higher KV lines ARE needed at ALL of the sites that will utilize the torches at the induration plants?

The power consumption of the torches ranges from 200KW to 200KW per unit.. Do we know the optimum range for these things? 900KW?

These are DC powered so there will be converters.. Can stepup isolation transformers alleviate the need for upgrading the transmission lines to higher voltages? I am assuming all of the plants have at least 3 phase power.  Is the AC/DC conversion process an isolation process not necessarily needing large upgrades to the power as it generates it's own power in the DC realm??  

I get there will be additional draw from the existing lines but how much? Is there an optimal max draw of say 70% from the current infrastructure? It could very well be that my queston is for not and that additional equipment puts the capacity well above the threshold.

If anyone is an electrical engineer or knows one, this would be an important question to settle because then we as investors can ascertain the timelines a bit better and to know this is NOT an impediment for implementation. 

I ask because I am NOT an electrical engineer.... Those cats have the formulas...

New Message
Please login to post a reply