...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Re: Don isn't playing the dirty Wall/Bay Street game...

Toinv, I’ve never really commented on your brand management ideas before but it was not because I disagreed. I actually think we think along the same lines using different terminology. To me, because RVX has no product to sell at the moment, their “brand” is a combination of recognizable scientific and business execution achievement.  I think their greater science team has a number of outstanding people who have made amazing scientific strides and are being recognized in various respected publications for their work. Unfortunately the business side of the brand generally looks like it doesn’t know which way is up and the leadership has very little previous or current track record of accomplishment to give investors any sort of comfort level.

To me generally when I look at a business as an investment I first ask a few basic questions; 1) is there market opportunity and how deep is the competition in that market 2) is there technical expertise within the company in the field of endeavour 3) is there quality business management with proven experience in the industry 4) is there financial clarity in the path forward for the business 5) has management shown the ability to set and achieve targets 6) is there any outside validation for the claims the company is making. To me RVX gets a resounding yes to 1 and 2, a resounding no to 3, 4 and 5 and for 6 I would say that the outside validation is growing in terms of the scientific press but management has definitely dropped the ball in terms of obtaining multiple top tier analyst coverage (the exception being Beacon). JMO but to me the stock suffers tremendously in quiet times because it is easy to lose faith when a company is so sadly lacking in 3,4 and 5. I have equity in RVX because I think the upside potential is enormous.  I could have a lot more than I do but because of the deficiencies on the business side I am still reluctant to step in at low prices even on days like today. Again my opinion but to me in biotech there is always a risk of science failure, good management mitigates those risks somewhat but that is not the case with RVX. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply