...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

It is gratifying to see that the number of shares shorted is so low as a % of the issued, but that's only one way to look at it.

Another common metric is 'days to cover'....using the average daily volume to determine how many days of volume would it take for shorts to cover.  Of course getting a handle on average daily volume for shares of Resverlogix is a bit problematic.  Another thing I would love to know imperically is whether or not the 350 odd thousand reported as short by iiroc, if it also includes any short sales that have taken place OTC....I suspect the 350K number is strictly what's happened on Canadian markets but I don't know with absolute certainty.

Yahoo finance puts average daily volume for RVX at about 44.4K volume, unfortunately that doesn't include all the trading that takes place on all the secondary exchanges.  The amount of trading on all those secondary platforms varies wildy, some days its only a few thousand, other days it can be quite substantial.  I'm going to spit ball the average daily volume on the secondary exchanges at 10K.  

So on the Canadian side I'm pegging average daily volume at around 55K.  On the Pinks the average is close to 25K per day.  So putting it all together we're somewhere around 80K shares trading a day in total by my best guess as an average over the past 3 months.

That puts the days to cover at about 4.3.....and if that 350K does not included shares sold short stateside on the OTC, then its even higher.  

With RVX being so tightly held and so thinly traded any big move like AMRN had.....I see the possibility for a squeeze to add to an upward move.  I'm now going down another rabbitt hole and am going to check what AMRN's short interest was before they announced meeting their end point.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply