...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: PAH Plans get a write up in Pulmonary Hypertension News

Paladin,

Agreed ... the potential is literally mind blowing. And that can actually be a "bad" thing in some ways, early on. I remember telling a friend about RVX a while back, saying it can help Cardio, Renal, Cognitive, and there is also potential for some others things. The reaction was that it sounded like a "miracle drug" ... aka "snake oil" ?? ... MUST be a scam, or certainly not real? ... a pump & dump for foolish dreamers? ... better off buying lottery tickets?

It actually made me stop and listen to myself. Yeah, this does sound hokey. If something sounds too good to be true, well it ususually IS too good to be true.

But what if it all sounds that way because we are just simply at the precipice of a bold new era? The world is flat? The sun revolves around the earth? Poking a hole in somebody's head for a headache releases the evil spirits thru bloodletting? If man were meant to fly, he'd have wings? ... all "accepted science at one time.

Splitting an atom? Landing on the moon (in theory at least! lol)? What was life like before microchips, what is life like now after 40 yrs of microchip development, how fast did that one single innovation change the entire world? A phone in everyone's hands now, with enough computing power to potentially get Apollo 11 home?

As we, and the medical and investment communities, ponder epigenetics and occasionally look befuddled at times about RVX and 208 specifically, and wonder if "all this" is real ... we are all just really waiting for that one point that proves that the therapy and MOA are indeed truly real, and provable. In 2 months, maybe?

We are waiting for that moment in time where the accepted scientific body in charge can lay the label of "safe and effective" on this concept, for a single indication, a foundational piece that is proven ... and then we can "unlock" the confines and boundaries of conventional thinking and look excitedly and realistically about more and additional applications?

There is a lot of good smoke, information from previous studies, patient experiences, data, etc. There is always the chance this is a nothing burger, right? Or again maybe improperly or incompletely studied, or targeted with the wrong endpoints? ... that is a real possibility.

I 100% (well, maybe 99%) believe we are on the verge of an amazing scientific breakthrough though. Something big is coming from all this at some point, but science is NEVER complete, we are ALWAYS learning more. I hope we learn all we need to know for now though about RVX-208 and diabetic cardiopathy benefits, so we can stamp "safe and effective" on RVX-208 soon ...

... and move forward from Atari's Pong in 1972 to iPhone 10 in 2018. And from "safe and effective" for diabetic cardiopathy combined with statins to general cardiopathy, renal, cognitive, pulmonary hypertension, ... and who knows what else once the MOA and therapeutic are proven and accepted, and more molecules are pulled from the closet for precise indication-specific development?!  

... and then in 50-100 years, maybe epigenetics will even eventually be looked at as ancient barbers/bloodletting type science also, as new discoveries get deeper and closer to the treatable root causes of conditions.

Exciting but scary thoughts in some ways, human engineering. And leaving the comfort and safety of what has been "known" for so long, and venturing into the frontier.

New Message
Please login to post a reply