...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: BETonMACE CKD substudy abstract was supposed to be posted in AJKD

This whole NKF situation has me thinking back to September of 2017....but with the stakes being much bigger now.

Back in September of 2017, going off memory here, Resverlogix was listed as presenting at the Rodman & Renshaw Investor Conference in NYC.  As with NKF recently, they never issued a PR about it....but it their participation was available to anyone with a pulse and access to the web.  

I went all OCD nutsoid at the time, it  had happened back in May of 2017 as well (again, going off memory) at an investor conference in Paris if memory serves.  I was sufficiently annoyed to get in touch with Clayton Paradis (the former VP of IR) and his response was that neither event had been publicly disclosed, hence no notice of cancelation was needed....I almost blew a gasket at the time, because both conferences had websites disclosing Resverlogix as a presenting company.

I was so incensed, back then Resverlogix had a snippet on their website about how they were committed to proactive, professional and timely disclosure...I was so incensed I got in touch with Donald McCaffrey about it.  He at least acknowelged my concern and allowed that it was legitimate....

But, AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART IMO

Don told me that he was engaging in financing meetings (or something similar to that) and they were more pressing than "some third rate investor conference"....he may have even called R&R a fourth rate conference, all I know is it didn't even qualify as second rate in his estimation.  Later in October of 2017 news did come out of an $87 million PP with Hepalink, the proceeds of which were used to pay off the company's loan that at the time had all the company's IP as security.

So DM has blown off a conference in the past....athough I will allow that of course comparing NKF with R&R is like comparing Rookie Leauge baseball with the Majors.  Put another way its like a player sitting out a game during the regular season for a head cold, and then doing the same thing in the 7th game of the World Series.  

Still....I think its interesting that DM has blown off a conference for something related to finance or put another way, deal making.  If negotiating a PP with Hepalink was sufficient to skip out on Rodman & Renshaw....what would it take to pull a presentation at a major conference like NKF with, what one would have to assume is a very coveted late breaker spot.

Am I blowing smoke?  Only time will tell....but I can't let go of the feeling that the reason there was never a PR about the NKF presentation is because it was always a question mark....and the virus situation may simply be convenient cover for not presenting.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply