Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

Letter writing initiative to MPs

posted on Feb 03, 2009 06:39AM

16 MPs contacted plus Prime Minister Harper. Lots of work ongoing in Ontario spearheaded by Donypee and Sudbury Novice.

Here's the response back from FEDNOR:

Mr. Lindsey:
This is in response to your enquiry below.
Thank you for your letter regarding the Ring of Fire mining opportunity in Northern Ontario. FedNor works closely with First Nation communities across Northern Ontario to ensure communities can benefit from any development opportunity that bolsters their local economies. This information will be forwarded to FedNor project officers who are responsible for this region.
If you have further questions, you can contact FedNor directly at the following coordinates:
FedNor
19 Lisgar Street, Suite 307
Sudbury, Ontario
P3E 3L4
Fax: 705-671-0717
Toll Free: 1-877-333-6673
Regards,
Alain Laplante
Industry Canada Web Service Centre
Industry Canada
803-280 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G8

And here's a PM from antlizzie, which I hope she doesn't mind me sharing, but I think it has some important ideas:

Snug, this morning I had an email reply from our MP's secretary. He is giving it to him to read. I'll let you know when our MP replies in person. I like this idea you have come up with and think it could be very helpful. I see a suggestion about writing to each newspaper. Will not hurt but do not see it being as good as contacting our MP's. I've had a little experience writing for a newspaper. They have only so much space and it is unbelievable how many people want that space. Each thinks they are important enough to get space. The reality is that the space is used for what is popular at the time. That gets the most readership and sells newspapers. The Ring of Fire is popular only among the small group interested and informed about this area. It has yet to hit the rank and file. When this happens, it will be in the papers almost every day with an account of what is going on. That day isn't here yet, but it's time will come. With the MP's, it may be early too. But with them having the knowledge of what could transpire here, they will be up to speed when this project needs them. I think this is a great idea and I'm excited about it. Thanks again...

My comment to antlizzie was that the story of Canada has always been about "the land" and about "discovery". There will eventually be popular myths about the discovery of the Ring of Fire. If you're a good writer, you might want to think about writing your newspaper about the Ring of Fire.

Keep up the good work everyone. Lots more to do.

Snug

New Message
Please login to post a reply